Project Phoenix Safety Support
Malone Group was appointed as Safety Advisor to Krones UK Ltd and ITM, the companies responsible for designing and installing the new St James Gate Brewery also know as Project Phoenix.
Diageo are currently developing a new brewery on the existing St. James’s Gate site.
The development will consist of the following
- A brewhouse with production offices and laboratories
- A brewhouse grain intake building and associated silo with raw material handling connected to the brewhouse to the East
- Extension of the existing cold block to the Southwest of the new brewhouse
- Extension of utilities and support functions, including electrical sub-station, incoming water
- Waste water treatment and neutralization plant, CO2 collection and recycling
Our role includes:
- Support with the design process
- Coordination of Design Risk Assessments and HAZOP
- Coordination with PSCS and Client
- Develop site safety management system
- Coordinate training to management and site operatives
- Develop method statements and risk assessments
- Coordination of lifting activates
- Manage daily permits to work and safe plan of actions
- Audits of safety standards compliance at the work site
Some Key Factors:
The contract is being carried out while maintaining full production in the existing facility.
Because work is being done on a food and beverage facility, special precautions are needed for consideration in order to ensure the safety of all personnel, as well as to maintain proper access throughout the facilities.
For works outside the site hoarding in St. James Gate there are areas containing Ammonia, CO2, Nitrogen and other chemicals and compounds many operatives are not familiar with.
Delivery a ZERO harm project
Develop world class safety management systems for delivery of the project